Rat Control & Removal Burnley
Rats can be very persistent even gnawing through metal to get in. Once they’ve gained access to your home or business premises they can spread diseases. They can even cause damage and contaminate food. Rats can cause other problems, so it’s vital to eliminate a rat infestation quickly.
Rats can damage property with a constant gnawing, rats can damage insulation, chew through floor joists, pipes, doors, floorboards. Rats will also shred nearly anything for their nests, from paper to linen and plastic. Holgate Pest Control Services are experts in rat control and removal services Burnley can help advise if you find yourself in a rat infestation.
Rats can cause problems in your kitchen by contamination of food as pathogens are in a rat’s urine and droppings, these can transmit diseases such as Weil’s disease (Leptospirosis), Rat-bite fever and Salmonellosis.
Holgate Pest Control Services’ best advice is to make sure to regularly check your surroundings to make sure that you’re not getting infested by rats. Rat control and removal Burnley advises you to do this monthly or more if you find rat droppings in your area.
Rat control and removal Burnley knows that identifying rat problems can be difficult. Therefore, we offer advice on what to look out for:
- Rat Droppings – Brown Rat droppings are dark brown in a tapered, spindle shape – like a grain of rice.
- Rub Marks – Grease and dirt on their bodies leave smudges on surfaces.
- Gnaw Marks – Black rats are agile climbers and often found in lofts. You might notice gnaw marks on wires, cabling or items stored in the loft.
- Rat Holes – Brown rats are well known for digging extensive burrow systems for shelter, food storage, and nesting.
- Rat Nests – Rats will shred available materials such as loft insulation, cardboard, and other soft items to make nests.
- Footprints – Rats leave foot and tail marks in dusty, less-used areas of buildings.
Rat removal and control Burnley is a discreet service able to help with the removal of rats. Offering an effective, long-term solution to any rat problem you may have. We also help with the aftercare advice and how to prevent the problem from returning. Once our discreet vans arrive we carry out a professional survey highlighting the extent of infestation and potential access points. Our rat removal and control Burnley treatments can target the problem and help with the eradication of the pest problem. We then help with rat-proofing to help to prevent the problem from returning.
Rat removal and control Burnley can protect your business. Our staff can provide, quick, discreet, effective, targeted rat control solutions able to protect the workplace and the reputation of the business. By not using Holgate Pest Control Services to there are some consequences of your business. This includes:
- Alarm — the loss of trust from customers and employees, critical in food processing, industrial & manufacturing, and food & beverage sectors.
- Damage — of goods and equipment such as computers, electrical appliances, wires and pipes in offices and business premises.
- Losses — infestations may cause product recalls which can lead to financial loss and the loss of company reputation.
- Legal — failure to comply with legislation could lead to business closure or fines.
Even rats in the outside your premises can also present tremendous risk, this can stop people from visiting, even potential employees. Rat removal and control Burnley can offer businesses and commercial property owner’s advice on rat removal and prevention.
Rat Proofing to help with the prevention of rats returning. Discovering rats within your home or business can be distressing and embarrassing. Thankfully, there are ways you can deter rats and help with the prevention of infestation.
By rat-proofing your home to deny pests entry and removing easy access to food and water can make a difference. Rats need easy and consistent access to a water source, even though they only drink a small amount a day. They will eat almost anything available, but they do prefer to eat small amounts of a variety of different foods. Which can cause a lot of issues to your home.
Rat removal and control Burnley has advice on how to keep your kitchen rat-free.
- Keep foodstuffs in metal or glass containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Tidy inside the house and around the garden – less clutter means fewer places to hide.
- Place outdoor rubbish bags in metal bins with securely fitted lids to stop them from feeding on contents.
- Clean up pet food and bird seed debris, and store pet food in robust containers with fitted lids – preferably above ground level.
Rats will make the most of any opportunity to enter your home. Black rats are good climbers. Whilst brown rats can climb, they prefer to build burrows, particularly near or beneath solid structures like sheds, garages, and walls. Rats are even able to squeeze their way into their drains and your sewers!
If you do find yourself with a rat problem. Never try to do a DIY this can cause the problem to worsen and cause danger to the home. Rat removal and control Burnley is a trusted company able to remove any pest problem effectively and correctly. As well as this we can give you the peace of mind that the problem will not return with our prevention solutions.